question about xp pro

Q

quechubin

how do i mute my modem so that it won't make all that noise when it dials up to the internet? thanks in advance!

I don't have a modem myself so i'm kind of shooting in the dark. Open Control Panel and see if you have a modem applet in there. If so, open it and look for the 'using modem speaker' feature.

You have to do it in two places, the first is as lonman says in teh conrol pannel go to the phone and modem properties icon and d/c... click onto props at the bootem of the pannel after selecting your modem and set the volume to off.

under the properties of your connection (right click on the connection under show all connections on the start menu and coose properties) there is another configure option for the modem in there... choose it and set the volume down to zero and enjoy hours of noise fee modem use

(n.b. the names may not be 100 % as i am on a 2k comp at work and cant access my own pc with xp but the basics are the same even if the names are slightly different)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back