Question about unpacking a .rar file ?? anyone know specifics on this??

LPDad

OSNN Addict
This is a general question that I hope one of you knows tha answer to.

When I unpack a specific .rar file with WinRAR I get a file with several unpacked items and MORE .rar files number 1-9

I get the following;

pgm.cue
pgm.bin
pgm.sfv
and

pgm.r01
pgm.r02
pgm.r03 etc through pgm.r09

now what is up with the .rar 01-09 ???
They are all compressed and they all contain .bin and .cue files
so if I try to uncompress files 01-09 they want to overwrite the previously extracted files.

I know that the .cue and .bin files are used to burn a CD (drag the .cue file into a burning pgm like nero and the .bin file is then burned, but what is up with the rest of the files??? do I just ignore them??

pgm.r01-pgm.r08 are all the same size, and pgm.r09 is substantially smaller.

I have browsed alot of boards and alot of people are confused about the pgm.r01-pgm.r09, but the only answer I have ever seen is to double click on the .rar file and burn the .cue file.
Nobody addresses the 01-09 file question.

Thanks for any feedback.:D

If you don't have a prm.rar file to go with the pgm.r01 to pgm.r09, thats the same size as the 1 to 8 files, then you won't be able to uncompress them.

WinRar allows you to archive files to a given size, the last one in the series gets the remainder of what's left. Without have a copy of the .rar file in question, it's difficult to understand what you have going on.

I've seen some pretty strang archiving techniques. Zip files rarred and then zipped again, and then put in one huge archive file - wierd chit like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back