question about the router

M

mousetap

is it better to buy...

Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL Router
The Linksys Instant Broadband EtherFast Cable/DSL Router is the perfect option to connect a small group of PCs to a high-speed Broadband Internet connection or to an Ethernet back-bone. Configurable as a DHCP server, the EtherFast Cable/DSL Router acts as the only externally recognized Internet device on your local area network (LAN).

OR

SMC Barricade 4-Port Broadband Router
The Barricade™ is an ideal all-in-one networking solution for home and small business users. This platform independent multi-functional broadband router combines a 4-port 10/100 Mbps dual speed switch, a built-in print server, an RS232 COM port for fail-over dial-up or modem connections, and firewall capability for security against hackers and other unauthorized users.

if anyone uses either one...please give me a feed back... i heard that both of them were ok...but some were complaining that they both have some down sides.

thanks in advance...

Well, I'm using the Linksys 4 port router and it works as advertised! Actually I'm quite impressed with it. The stealth mode seems to do its job well and combined with Zone Alarm it creates a very secure firewall indeed.

Been using the Linksys on my home LAN since they first became available. Excellent product.

Installed over two dozen of the for my SOHO clients over the past year and half. Never had a problem with them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back