Question About Temp File Extensions

Candy

OSNN Newbie
I'm trying to figure out which temporary files are safe to delete. I have questions about the following extensions. They are all found in temporary internet files. Thank you to whomever may be able to help:

ASPX
CRL
CSS
File
GIF
HTML
JPEG
JS
MSPX
NET
PHP
SWF

Anything in temporary internet files is safe to delete. This directory is used by your internet browser to speed up future browsing. Say, if you visit www.osnn.net, the top left corner has a logo picture for the big OSNN.net. Your computer downloads that picture, which will in essence, let the page load faster next time.

Hope that helps.

All temporary internet files should be safe to delete. They are just cached files from the websites you visit. The file extentions you mention are just web pages or files that are called up within web pages. In theory these files speed up browsing when visiting the same websites often, but in reality it doesn't make much of a difference, especially with the increased speed of internet connections these days.

EDIT: kcnychief beat me to it :)

Thanks, guys. I only question these less "common" ones, because I've seen warnings from people on other sites/forums about deleting certain files, even temporary ones, from their computers. I don't want to do something that I won't be able to call back. My computer is an ancient Compaq Presario with only 64 of RAM. I have to find speed and memory where I can.

RickyC said:
All temporary internet files should be safe to delete.

Is this your "final answer"?

if its in "temp" or "temporary internet files" or some other "temp" place you can delete it without fear. Windows wont let you delete vital files :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back