• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Question About Temp File Extensions

Candy

OSNN One Post Wonder
I'm trying to figure out which temporary files are safe to delete. I have questions about the following extensions. They are all found in temporary internet files. Thank you to whomever may be able to help:

ASPX
CRL
CSS
File
GIF
HTML
JPEG
JS
MSPX
NET
PHP
SWF

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Anything in temporary internet files is safe to delete. This directory is used by your internet browser to speed up future browsing. Say, if you visit www.osnn.net, the top left corner has a logo picture for the big OSNN.net. Your computer downloads that picture, which will in essence, let the page load faster next time.

Hope that helps.

All temporary internet files should be safe to delete. They are just cached files from the websites you visit. The file extentions you mention are just web pages or files that are called up within web pages. In theory these files speed up browsing when visiting the same websites often, but in reality it doesn't make much of a difference, especially with the increased speed of internet connections these days.

EDIT: kcnychief beat me to it :)

Candy

OSNN One Post Wonder
Thanks, guys. I only question these less "common" ones, because I've seen warnings from people on other sites/forums about deleting certain files, even temporary ones, from their computers. I don't want to do something that I won't be able to call back. My computer is an ancient Compaq Presario with only 64 of RAM. I have to find speed and memory where I can.

RickyC said:
All temporary internet files should be safe to delete.
Is this your "final answer"?

if its in "temp" or "temporary internet files" or some other "temp" place you can delete it without fear. Windows wont let you delete vital files :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies