Question About Disk Space "Help"

B

Black Dog

Could anyone tell me why each day I turn on my system (XP Home ED) that my hard drive get's smaller in size. Example: I boot up my hard drive reads 21.05 GB then the next day it says 19.67. I'm not adding any new programs. It seems to be writing something to the hard drive causing it to lowering space on my HD. Could it be the paging file/swap file? My hard drive is formatted to the NTFS..... Thank you!

system restore points

for one the system restore points add up rather quickly and of course the all so famous temp files and other junk files .bak and .dmp and many others ....... try using a third party cleaner like clean center, hd valet, system mechanic there are so many others also to get rid of the junk files as for system restore points I keep only the latest one made I dont fiddle to much and when I do its not major most of the stuff I use I know inside out and dont run into too many problems ..... so when you do a disc cleanup with windows look at the other options tab and on the bottom is the clear system restore points ......... this should help ;)

oh wait

now I read XP home mmmmmmm did you install the system restore option after the fact I think by default you dont have that?

Reply to Hard drive issue

Yes the Restore option was installed, and I do have a 3rd party file cleaner which I used. My machine is very clean at all times. I do think however it's the restore files. I wasn't sure if these files purge themselves or you have to delete them. If you would what is the best way to delete these files. I loaded the complete OS and all the add ons with a clean formatted hard drive. I had to load the system 3 times before things were working right, plus the activation problems that came along with it.

Found Restore Tab

I found the restore tab! Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back