Question About 2 Simultaneous Dsiplays!

J

Jazzhound

Right now I have a 19" CRT, but the prices of LCD are kinda cheap right now so I might get a 15". In this case could it run on the same resolution?

Is it possible to run one at 1600x1024 and another by 1024x768 ?

Thanks

yup only if the monitor and the video card supports those resolution

yeah
basically, if you werent sure how it works
you have 2 video cards in your computer, and plug one monitor in to each.
you can have separate things on each monitor, eg, MS word in one, and MS Excel in the other...

Just so I understand...

.. ok so essentially what I have are:

GF4 Ti4200 with dual adapters.

19" monitor running 1600x1024

I want to get another monitor, possible a 15" LCD monitor which can only do 1024x768. This does not mean I have to run my 19" at the LCD's resolution right ?

Thanks

Re: Just so I understand...

Originally posted by Jazzhound

I want to get another monitor, possible a 15" LCD monitor which can only do 1024x768. This does not mean I have to run my 19" at the LCD's resolution right ?

Thanks

not used nvidia dual monitor proggies before but in win xp you can independently set the resolutions for the monitors :)

I know I can...

you should be just fine..

Re: Just so I understand...

Originally posted by Jazzhound

Thanks
No
I have the same card, I'm running a Phillips 17" LCD@1280x1024@60 as monitor 1 and a CRT 17" 1024x768@85 monitor 2 , I have tried the nvidia dual monitor program but it sucks to many issues, so I got Ultramon which does everything including separate wallpapers on each monitor at their own resolution and size.

hope this helps

the new parhelia supports 3 ...... and the mms cards 4

i have a 4 head computer, fun, lots of desktop.....

have a couple dual head - the matrox cards all support different resolutions on each..... it mostly depends on the drivers used.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back