Quake2 for XP

R

Robi

Hi,
Is Quake2 available for XP? Recently I tried to install a demo version but received an error saying it can't run 16-bit apps. If yes, please let me know the details. My comp details are :

Pentium II 233 MMx
128MB Ram
Sis 6326 4MB AGP
Win XP Professional 2000

Yes, It works, I did a max. install just like I used to with 98, no problems here

um, i haven't had any problems with q2 or q3a. the only games that don't work for me are tribes 2, rollecoaster tycoon corckscrew follies, and sim coaster.

try updating your windows. use windows update. i think you download a compatibility patch

wyrlwyn

Hey wyrlwyn.......

Tribes 2 runs great for me......... Check your updates..etc...

Side note... Q2 and Q3 work perfect.....

:cool:

Robi

Robi

You need to upgrade your video card.............................

:cool:

i had a problem w/ Q2 dont remember wut the error was though. I changed my video settings in the game and now it works fine. try chaning it from software to opengl and you should be fine

You should be able to even install QUAKE on XP....I did....

Had to go through a console command to do it, since Quake "doesn't install on NT systems" or something like that. So if I can get QUAKE to install....Q2 shouldn't be too difficult.....actually got that one working too, though for SOME stupid freakin reason.....it (and all its expansion packs) keep forgetting my SAVED GAMES....Doh !!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back