Quake III Arena

S

S1RE

I never even thought this would happen but Q3 will not even load up the beginning id logo movie intro. It just sits at the white screen right before the id logo movie.

The only way to get out of it is to end the task and then my desktop is stuck really bright and the only way I found it fix it so far is to restart.

If anyone can help me out here it would be much appreciated...

i used to hav this problem.
i cant remember exactly how i fixed it, but i know wot i did.
i re-installed opengl
downloaded and installed the 1.31 patch, i think 1.32 is the latest tho
after that it worked fine now

I would recommend first trying this.

go to quake3 folder, then to the "baseq3" folder and moving q3config.cfg to somewhere else on your machine (out of baseq3). Try loading it then. Alternatively, have you changed anything on your machine lately? dx9? new drivers? I would recommend getting the latest point release (Darkmaster was right, it is 1.32) and install that.

I'm sure one of those things will sort it. If not, try uninstalling quake3, delete the quake3 folder after the uninstallation process and then install it again with the 1.32 point release. That will definitely sort it I reckon.

After I un-install the Point Release it deletes the q3.exe which keeps me from starting the game at all, until I install the Point Release again.

Can't I play with no point release and then make a dedicated server so my friends can join me...?

Originally posted by S1RE
After I un-install the Point Release it deletes the q3.exe which keeps me from starting the game at all, until I install the Point Release again.

Can't I play with no point release and then make a dedicated server so my friends can join me...?

Try installing Q3 again from the CD.

Originally posted by S1RE

unless your friends also have quake3 with no point release, then no - servers with no point release can only be used by clients with no point release... servers with 1.32 to be used by clients with 1.32 etc.

Make sure you got the latest video drivers, that happened to me before!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back