Quake 3 refresh rate

A

axp

While playing quake 3 in win xp the refresh rate is turned down so much that the monitor flickers. It happens also in half life. This problem did not occur in win me. What is the problem? I have gone into monitor priperties and set the refresh rate to 85 hz in windows. Can u please help? Thanks

You might want to turn it down a bit. also ive noticed having fans around your monitor will make it flicker at higher refresh rates

What kind of video card do you have. Sounds like you might have a Nvidia card and need the refresh rate fix. The nvidia drivers default to a 60hz rate in games. Do a search for nvidia refresh rate fix and install the fix then you will be able to set the refresh rate to anything your monitor supports in games.

The problem is with win2k and xp not with any particular video card company. if you have nvidia card, use the nvidia refresh rate fix which might not work with the latest drivers. You can get a freeware utility called multires and use it with any video card.

Or you can use PowerStrip which allows you to customize a refresh rate for each given resolution that you use. It's a very useful tool, and I've used it for as long as I can remember.

http://www.entechtaiwan.com

but multires is free and powerstrip is not. Get powerstrip if you want to overclock the video card as well. BTW, both programs are made by the same people.

Thanks

thanks all, i will do as you have said. BTW, my video card is a Leadtek Winfast Titanium Geforce 2 so yes, it is by Nvidia. I will get that refresh rate fix.
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back