quake 3 probs

theevilsithlord

Hail to the King, Baby!
alright, i have a radeon 9700, and quake 3 used to run like butter, but now that ive installed the 3.9's, it freezes every time i play. Could this have anything to do with turning off fast writes (for Call of Duty) or are the 3.9's just pos's?

I have been hearing about quite a few probs with the 3.9s. With quite a number of different games. I would go back to the 3.7 or 3.8s cuz they where solid, and wait for the 4.0s. They should have all these probs ironed out of them.

Originally posted by Dogfighter
I have been hearing about quite a few probs with the 3.9s. With quite a number of different games. I would go back to the 3.7 or 3.8s cuz they where solid, and wait for the 4.0s. They should have all these probs ironed out of them.

I agree. Unless you have a problem with a specific game, I'd stick with the 3.7's.

Quake3 has dll's that are optimized for Nvidia cards (go figure). Somewhere you could download optimized ATI versions

I believe the 3.8/3.9 and maybe even the 3.7 cat's have 16 bit problems with the Quake3 engine.

Of course - Quake3 is OpenGL and the Quake3 engine is almost the only OpenGL game around. It was written during the Voodoo / Nvidia wars somewhere in the timeframe between the TNT 1 and TNT 2.

The best place to go to figure get help figuring this out is right here:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=59

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back