quake 3 arena prob?

D

dayneh88

hi,
i installed quake 3 arena the other night and when ever i try to load the game the screen goes completely white and i can only see the mouse, i press alt-F4 and it goes back to my desktop but the screens alot whiter than normal and i am given this error message "User Interface is version 3, expected 4"

Can anyone help me please
thankx
dayne

Have you added any maps or mods to the game? The first thing I would try would be to uninstall quake3, also maybe go delete the directory if it leaves anything behind after uninstalling. You might also download the latest patch for quake3 (1.31 point release) at www.idsoftware.com there's a link. If you're playing online or have new maps they may require the patch to play.

install the v1.31 patch AFTER everything else, like any custom maps. :)

it worked thanks alot guys for all your help and support, gratefullly appreciated, thankx
dayne:) :) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back