• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

QoS, how can I limit it?

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
im planning on sharing my cable connection in my home so i wanna know, is it possible to limit one computers bandwidth so it doesnt hog all the connection? ill be using home edition on all the computers once i get them setup.
if the QoS option isnt available in home edition, is there any prog i can use to apply something like this?

thx, Apu

BTW, ill be using a linksys router (or hub, i always get confused) to split the connection

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
Its not possible with that setup. I've only told people this 1,000 times.

I should put an announcement on top of the forum in big bold letters that says BANDWIDTH THROTTLING IS NOT POSSBILE WITH NAT, ROUTERS, ICS, AND PEER TO PEER LANs

:D

Seriosuly though, I think 3rd party SOCKS type proxy software can do that for internet usage. Though having a router already defeats the point of a proxy software.

JJB

B

beatlesdb

I Agree with JJB6486 about using a proxy - so using a router is pointless - save the money and get a good proxy like winproxy

I hate proxy personally. I used to use it but it allways gave me problems because all apps had to support proxies in order to use the Internet connection. Just a big mess.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies