Purposeful Spy Software?

dubstar

format c:
I am sending my laptop in to Dell for a videocard replacement. I get blue screens constantly and they said they would upgrade my videocard for free (under warranty).

I'd like to place spy software on my computer to see what they do. Some sort of "track all changes" "view all files opened" "video capture" type stuff.

I have seen it through a YouTube video - but it was a Mac using the video camera, and it wasnt a screen capture - obviously.

Would a Keylogger also track icons clicked on? Files opened?

Did they ask for you to send the hard drive? Normally you take the hard drive out prior to sending it to them.

wouldn't that void my warranty? I just know to take out SD Memory, Flash, DVDs, PCMCIA, and battery. I've never heard of taking out the hard drive.

I am sending my laptop in to Dell for a videocard replacement. I get blue screens constantly and they said they would upgrade my videocard for free (under warranty).

I'd like to place spy software on my computer to see what they do. Some sort of "track all changes" "view all files opened" "video capture" type stuff.

I have seen it through a YouTube video - but it was a Mac using the video camera, and it wasnt a screen capture - obviously.

Would a Keylogger also track icons clicked on? Files opened?

Yes keyloggers will track all opened applications and files opened.

I am a Dell Solutions Provider. The instructions that Dell provides via email and within the box (if they send you a box for shipment) will tell you to remove the hard drive unless otherwise instructed to by the Dell technician.

heh.. that's the first time I've heard anyone or any company rather requesting that a component to be removed prior to shipping.

That's it. I am going to dig up the paperwork and prove it!

It is to prevent data loss.

That's it. I am going to dig up the paperwork and prove it!

It is to prevent data loss.

Don't take it the wrong way, I already assumed it was to prevent data loss. It's just that I've never heard anyone request that before.

customers are normally advised to backup their important files here just in case there might be an occurance like that.

I can also confirm Dell requests that you remove the HD before sending it in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back