Punkbuster and XP ??!!

W

Wasp

Ok guys !

after i tried everything to get my problem solved (new via patch, nvidia drivers 23.11, BIOS flashed, etc.) i found out that my problem -->CS crashing to desktop is caused by Punkbuster <-- thats strange..well i have no experience with Win Xp so i hope you have a solution for me.

Before i go on i just have to tell you ..no i have NO Firewall installed also the one included in XP is not activated, so it would be great if you could help me out of this...

and yes i can play on non PB servers without crashing to desktop...and before you ask on -- HL and CS are new installed too..no cheats no models ..nothing just a clear install

i also dont get a PB message (authing) before it kicks me to desktop...so i think its some kind of a firewall/network related problem and i dont know where to disable that feature..well HEEELPPP :p

thx in advance :)

my specs:
Duron 750
Epox KTA 2 Mainboard
GF 2 MX Hercules Prophet
256 MB Ram
19" mon. at 100 hz :p

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

try using this program or gamespy to connect and have them load it for you rather you use the exe on your desktop.. just a thought cause that's how I use it and I rarely had this prob..

I found that after doing all the winxp updates it no longer crashes.

good luck

Sounds very strange, but then there are plenty of alternatives to Punkbuster arriving, would have asked if you had disabled the windowsxp firewall - which is enabled by default.

hmpf....

ok i just found out that it isn`t on all PB servers

it seems that it has to do with an admin-mod,TSC script those serveradmins installed cause i only crash on some PB,Paladin servers not on all...

stay tuned...maybe i find out more

thx for your "help" :p

not Punkbuster...

well it now seems that it is a open gl and Win XP probs..jeeez im getting tired of this..Direct3D just works fine only in open Gl mode it doesnt work

*sad*

help appreciated :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back