PSU Wattage?

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
Ive got a ASUS A7S333 motherboard and AMD 2200+ which came today, however... I need a case because the processor wouldn't get enough "breathing" space on my current case because its aligned with the power supply.

I assume I need a Midi tower, but what Wattage? 300W? 400W?

Please help me, thanks.

higher the better

but stick to brand names as cheaper models could cause prblems

Wow. Thanks for the quick reply.

Im after a fairly cheap one, £40 being maximum I want to spend. Has to be fairly solid aswell. Which case would you recommend?

[offtopic]DFX, could you please remove the pic in your sig? It seems that it is hosted by MSN Communities and when my IE tries to load the pic, MSN Communities asks for a password and username.
I doubt that I am the only one that has this problem, so please be so kind to remove it or to host it somewhere else. I have some free space on the webserver of my ISP, so if you need space, just PM me for info.
Thanks in forward.[/offtopic]

BTW, I've got a list right here with the estimated Watt usage of each component of the computer. I've got this list from another member of this forum, so if the one who wrote this list, doesn't like this, please let me know.

AGP video card - 30-40W
PCI video card - 30W
AMD Athlon 900MHz-1.1GHz - 50W
AMD Athlon 1.2MHz-1.4GHz - 55-65W
AMD Duron 1.0MHz-1.3GHz - 50W
AMD Athlon 1.47MHz-1.73GHz - 75W
Intel Pentium III 800MHz-1.26GHz - 40W
Intel Pentium 4 1.4GHz-1.7GHz - 65W
Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz-2.0GHz - 75W
Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz-2.4GHz - 90W
Intel Celeron 1.0GHz-1.1GHz - 35W Intel Celeron 1.2GHz-1.4GHz - 50
ATX Motherboard - 35W-45W
128MB RAM - 10W
256MB RAM - 20W
24X or higher IDE CD-RW Drive -
32X or higher IDE CD-ROM Drive - 25W10x or higher IDE DVD-ROM Drive - 20W
SCSI CD-RW Drive - 17W
SCSI CD-ROM Drive - 12W
5,400RPM IDE Hard Drive - 10W
7,200RPM IDE Hard Drive - 13W
7,200RPM SCSI Hard Drive - 24W
10,000RPM SCSI Hard Drive - 30W
15,000RPM SCSI Hard Drive - 45W
Floppy Drive - 5W
Network Card - 4W
Modem - 5W
Sound Card - 5W
SCSI Controller Card - 20W
Firewire/USB Controller Card - 10W
Case Fan - 3W
CPU Fan - 3W

Posted by Glaanieboy
[offtopic]DFX, could you please remove the pic in your sig? It seems that it is hosted by MSN Communities and when my IE tries to load the pic, MSN Communities asks for a password and username.
I doubt that I am the only one that has this problem, so please be so kind to remove it or to host it somewhere else. I have some free space on the webserver of my ISP, so if you need space, just PM me for info.
Thanks in forward.[/offtopic]
Is that why a .net passport thing poped up on my screen?

Oh that's where that popup is coming from! Starting to get annoying. P L E A S E get it off. :)

About the MSN popup, I PM'ed DFX about this thing, so don't flood his PM-box with complaints, I don't think he'll like it...

And I think we all have to excuse to DFX about flooding 'his' thread with these things. Flowers are already sent :D

lol... so that's what that was.

dfx... might wanna go with antec or enermax... they're the 2 top brands and have years of experience. easy to find, too. minimum 350watts, which will leave you headroom for future components.

i'm sure there are other good brands, but those are 2 well-known good brands.

Oooops sorry bout that!!

Thanks for your replies aswell :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back