Psu Question!

M

Mr Dead

I have a thunderbird 1400 o/c to 1520 (multiplier 11, 138 fsb). I also have my 12X dvd rom, Liteon 12101B, Pioneer A03, 60 gig h/d. I have a large cpu cooler and 2 additional case fans. Gforce 4 mx 440 and soundblaster live 5.1 card. Usb cable modem and usb printer. Ok so here is my prob I want to o/c some more but if I increase the fsb the cable modem drops out so I thought Id just increase the multiplier to 11.5. My pc boots to the desktop then just freezes. Could this be caused by the power supply as its only a 270 watt unit. I realise this probably isnt up to the job now but my system is stable at the moment so is it worth upgrading the power supply and will I get that multiplier up to 11.5?

p.s. I have a QDI Legend Kudoz 7 mobo

i think you have the same problem as i have | Topic : " GF4 MX 440 driver problem " | :( = > we need a new power supply

Ok so I need a new PSU so what size should I go for, would a 350 watt be ok or should I go for a 400 watt and what sort of money am I looking at for the pleasure?

350 should be enought :) - it is recommended for GF4 card series .. Here an aluminium case ( 350W) = 109$ <> looks great also ..

i'd do it right and get an enermax 431watt (<$100). tbird's eat up a lot of power, especially when overclocked. looks like gf4 mx's do, too (same speed as gf2.5... go figure). enermax is pretty much #1 when it comes to power supplies.

you try 133x11? set your fsb back to 133 as you really don't have any reason to increase it if your processor is unlocked. it'll give you very little increase in speed while causing stability issues.

psu PROBS.....

The difference between 350, and 400 is minimal..as both will prob. get the job done, and the dollar amount difference is nect to nothing....

Go with an Enermax 400, they also have whisper versions, and dual fans.

goto pricewatch.com for great prices, (around $100.00 I think)

The main question is : " will be enought 350W " ?
For me :
Athlon T-Bird 1,1 Ghz
1 CD-W
1 CD-Rom (disabled now )
1 Slot Cooler ( disabled now )
Gf4 MX 440 64 DDR Leadtek

With those two disabled ysterday works great , no crashing .. but how more those two "eat " ?

It should be fine. I used to run a Athlon XP 1700, two HDDs, DVD, CD-R, and two case fans off a 300w and never had a problem

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back