Psu Help

C

cs-cky

I think that i dont have enough power to run all my stuff. When i plug it all in my hard drive dont detect in my bios. When i unplug a few things it works fine. Here is what i got.
Amd duron 1.1
geforce 4 ti 4200
256 ddr 2100 ram
nforce motherboard
sound blaster 512 pci
modem
cd-rw cd drive
regualr cd driver
hard drive cooler
80 mm red led case fan
80 mm red led case fan
80 mm regular case fan
sound activated led bar light
on 2 of the fans i use converts from 4 to 3 pin
300 watt psu

am i using to much power. If i am what psu whould be the right size. Also can i hook 2 psu up in my system. As in not plug on into the motherboard. the other one is a 200 or a 250? THanks

Originally posted by Enyo
You can estimate the power requirements using this as a guide

No you cant use two PSU's.

That is not entirly accurate, there is a way to use more than one power supply but it is pretty tricky. Check out some of the extreame moddification forums. I have read a few articles on people who have done it, but really I would say to get a proper PSU instead of a multiple setup.

Originally posted by Enyo
... I would not suggest it which is why i didnt mention it, there is just no reason to do so with PSU hitting 400+ now.

especially since they are so cheap too!

CS-CKY: Even though your PS says 300w doesn't mean it really is. I had a 300w PS I replaced recently with a 330w antec and the antec ratings were WAY higher even though the Antec was rated only 30w more.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back