PSU Help

B

Bretenn

all power supply can be use on amd board...
except for pentium4 which require a p4 connector ;)

Taurus

hardware monkey
all atx boards use the same atx power connector. but intel wanted to include an extra 4-pin 12v connector to make sure their P4 boards get enough power. so power supplies that include that 4-pin 12v connector are labelled "P4" power supplies, even though they'll work with any atx board.

even some amd boards are now utilizing this connector. but if your board doesn't, then no biggie.

ok cool, thanks for clearing it all up

but now i got anouther question the P4 power 4 pin connector, and there is anouther wierd one, can they be made into the normal 4 pin connecters that drives use??

here is a pic of the connecters

Taurus

hardware monkey
no, the molex connectors that you plug into drives have 5v (red) and 12v (yellow). if you need more molex connectors, just buy some cheap splitters.

i don't think you can or want to adapt that 4-pin p4 connector to do something else. same goes for that other one (don't remember what it's used for.. something old.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut