• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

psu going?

theevilsithlord

Hail to the King, Baby!
Every once in a while about a week ago my computer would randomly "turn off", however it didnt really turn off.... it would sound like the psu shutting off, and the screen would get distorted with artifacts all over it. I had no idea what was going on, but i could still manage to see the mouse and shut off the computer. However, recently, the computer randomly restarts as well as the previous problems. I'm sure its a hardware problem because the same thing has happened with XP and Slax. My psu is a 400W Codegen that came with the case. No OC'ing either...

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
strip it down if you fancy the task, de fluff it, mine spazzed out when i missed cleaning it, that much airflow going through my pc and psu its a bloody dust magnet...

ming

OSNN Advanced
Check the fans in your PSU to make sure they are working properly. Fan failure is a common cause for random restarts because it overheats. Had one which the fans failed, and as a result I had to use a room fan for a few weeks while I waited for a replacement.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadgymenu