PSPs anyone?

game gear was awsome! I dont like the DS cause of the 2 screens and all that.

DS is very awkward for me to use and hold - I personally hate using a stylus in general, so it really gets in the way of things. Using a second screen to play something and completely readjust is too bothersome. If Nintendo had gone with more or less the old-school GB button design, and released all the 'classic' ( Zelda 64, Mario ) games for it, I'm sure it would have been a gigantic hit.

Grandmaster said:
Game Gear by Sega, and Neo Geo both came and went. Nintendo still dominated the market with the Gameboy.
I'm one of the few proud owners of a NeoGeo Pocket. It would have easily destroyed the Gameboy's market share if SNK could have gotten more game developers to support it. That and if Pokemon never existed...

ElementalDragon said:
...Plus, if the disc can pop out AT ALL if it's twisted.... something should be changed before it's released. most people wouldn't even like the fact that the game can pop out, no matter how remotely hard it is for it to do so. don't see that happening to any GameBoy's, do you?

Dont know, never twisted one hard enough to find out.

Look in to this before scaremongering (like that word!)..you really do need to apply a LOT of force to make them come out. It's not a little bit of force from getting excited and perhaps turning the console..you seriously have to wanna get close to break the thing before it happens.

To be honest, most people wouldnt even know/care if there was a remote chance it could come out.

These things (and you can take my word for it!) are gonna completely wipe the floor with the DS...why do you think Nintendo have already started work on the GBA2?..they know when they're beat. :)

you have to keep in mind my friends, that not only is Sony's PSP only going head to head with the DS but it is also trying to take a dive at Apple's iPod. Kind of stupid IMO but the again its Sony with their blatant attempt to take a slice of the pie no?!?!?

I think the next gen mobiles are targeting the ipod market and will more than likely achieve. had a go on the ds and wasn't impressed enough to buy one :)

My brother picked up a DS on the launch date. I was at first (and partially still am) skeptical of it, mainly because nintendo still haven't provided a good use for the second screen with the current batch of games. However, playing games like super mario 64 on a portable system is a real delight, something which would be unthinkable only a few years back.

Other than the back catalogue, the next best thing has to be, for me, the touch-screen. Not only is it used really well in Wario Ware Touch, but my younger cousins can easily have a go on it without being overly complexed by what's going on. Case in example; they can pick up and play any stylus-based game with a few minutes of learning. It's that pick-up-and-go factor that impresses me.

Granted, i'm still looking forward to what the PSP can put onto the table...heck, with situations like this, it's always good for the consumer :)

Edit: I'm not sure whether suggesting that the upcoming GBA2 is a sign of nintendo's defeat...they've always said that the DS was to be a new development line, away from the GBA itself (hence, even before the DS was released, we were expecting to see two nintnedo handhelds on the market).

see this is the reason why I wait for some of these new gadgets to come out. The main reason being at luanch date they hardly have good games to accompany the release. It really makes no sense to buy the DS as of right now but when the time comes their will be a game that will cause me (and many others) to buy the DS. Like I said as for right now its pointless. As for the PSP I am not going to buy it right now either. Not until they make something that draws me into it. blah!!!

I don't mean to bring up something that isn't about the PSP, but with all the mention of The DS and the PSP, how come the gizmondo has almost gone unnoticed everywhere. It seems really really interesting to me.

http://www.gizmondo.com/

I don't play handheld games and don't plan on buying any of them but I'm interested in markets and how people perceive them. That's why I bring up the gizmondo...if I need to open a new thread tell me and I will cause I really want to know why this third yet very capable option is being left out?!?!? The fact it's not sony or nintendo, or that the actual product stinks. I think it looks pretty good as do the ds and psp

That gizmondo looks interesting. But games are a bit thin ATM. All the other features look impressive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back