PSPs anyone?

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Seems to be a distinct lack of threads here on the PSP. Surely i'm not the only one who paid over the odds just to have one early?! :) Love this piece of kit, bought it along with Lumines...incredible game!

Picture quality a bit shoddy as the flash wasnt on...hoping to give a better idea of the quality of the LCD.

truthfully.... don't think i'd get one if my life depended on it. just seems WAY to thin and flimsy for a handheld system. Plus all the problems they were having with the first ones that came out prove my point more, like how the game cartridge would fly out if the system was twisted slightly and stuff. just doesn't seem like a lot of thought was put into it.

Ok, have you actually tried one? They aren't thin or flimsy...at all. The cartridge would actually only fly out if the unit was heavily twisted..which is not something the average joe would do. Hardly a design flaw. This thing is incredibly well built and of amazing quality. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Doesnt seem like a lot of thought was put in to it??? Well i never!...

....ok, some serious responses now please! :)

I want one... Sadly, the US release is plagued by the square button mishap so I have to wait unil they fix it. The clarity on that first shot just makes me want it more.

I'd pick this over the DS. However, I don't want to get one right now as I barely have time to finish my current set of games :p Maybe if they announce a price drop at E3...

Weasel said:
I want one... Sadly, the US release is plagued by the square button mishap so I have to wait unil they fix it. The clarity on that first shot just makes me want it more.

I thought they were not going to fix that?

I'd like one. :) I'll wind up getting one when cost drops to 100USD :D

Luna said:
I thought they were not going to fix that?
Last I heard is that they where going to fix it, but not in time for the US release and it'd be a while before we'd see the fixed version.

they have them here, lol the guy thats in my school that has it just passed me, well anyways i think its a great console, and i will get it when the american one comes out, in a month or two when my dads in the states, that way its also much cheaper

all i gotta say is... POOR NINTENDO.
they need to tear everything down and start over.

jimi_81 said:
all i gotta say is... POOR NINTENDO.
they need to tear everything down and start over.

I think that statement may be a little premature. But, yes, I would like to get a PSP when they hit the U.S.

vivid_vibe said:
I think that statement may be a little premature. But, yes, I would like to get a PSP when they hit the U.S.

a friendly bet perhaps?
;)

Well, it'll be interesting enough just to see what happens. Though, I must admit I'm not very impressed by the DS so far.

i'd rather get a DS. to me the DS seems a lot more well built. Jimi, i'd take that bet. Nintendo has been doing handhelds since..... well.... pretty much since the start of major console rushes. many others have tried, and failed, sometimes failed horribly to the point of being almost nonexistent anymore. PSP might just be another one.

Teddy: i am being serious. the design isn't that ingenious. Truthfully, it looks remarkably like the Creative Labs Zen portable media player, or the iRiver 20GB digital audio/video player, or Archos GMini's. Plus, if the disc can pop out AT ALL if it's twisted.... something should be changed before it's released. most people wouldn't even like the fact that the game can pop out, no matter how remotely hard it is for it to do so. don't see that happening to any GameBoy's, do you? Now they're practically fitting their N64 games into GBA cartridges. Imagine that. PORTABLE Super Smash Brothers fighting.

i disagree with you elementaldragon, the psp is much better in my opinion, the things that people say about it being flimsy are false, ive held one in my hands and used it, its very rugged. the ds is the one thats flimsy the screen could break off acutally if not carefull since its a foldable (yeah ud have to wack it) but yeah the only cool thing about it for me is the two screens

Already have mine pre-ordered. It's too premature to start the PSP vs DS debate. Both sides first need to gather ammunition for a battle a few months from now.

The PSP is for me. Ive played and its not flimsy at all. I see an awesome futur for this piece of hardware. Nice move on Sony to bring us up with the times. Nintendo needed a good kick in the pants.

I'm waiting for the games to start rolling out first. I don't want to play a re-hashed Mario 64 (I mean, the N64 version took long enough to complete!), and there's nothing on the PSP that really inspires me to shell out £179 for it. Maybe when they start to release a few 'classics' on it, such as Mario Kart, or killer apps, i'd look into it. Heck, I'd settle for the one that has a new Final Fantasy on it :)

ElementalDragon said:
i'd rather get a DS. to me the DS seems a lot more well built. Jimi, i'd take that bet. Nintendo has been doing handhelds since..... well.... pretty much since the start of major console rushes. many others have tried, and failed, sometimes failed horribly to the point of being almost nonexistent anymore. PSP might just be another one.

Game Gear by Sega, and Neo Geo both came and went. Nintendo still dominated the market with the Gameboy. The DS was a knee jerk reaction from Nintendo after Sony unveiled the PSP. They know this time they have real competition with the PSP. So it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

For me the PSP has far more games that interest me than does the DS. That's why I'd rather get one. Though both machines are quite nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back