PSP Firmware

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
Does anyone have any idea what version firmware PSP's (new) in the UK are being sold with. Say from a shop like Argos :nervous:.

Because you cannot play (ahem) backup games on 1.80 and higher. Apparantly.

Thanks.

Im not 100% sure, as I dont do this myself, but I think there is program that will flash back to older versions. Then again most games require you update the firmware.

My friend said he put his console up for sale two months back, and he thinks he had v2.5 on his.

Im not 100% sure, as I dont do this myself, but I think there is program that will flash back to older versions. Then again most games require you update the firmware.

From what I've heard, you can't flash it back to prior versions... Never tried or seen it in action as im not interested in psp so cant confirm.

You can do it. A friend of mine did it. but i have no idea how :)

although as said many new games require the upgrade

You can flash it back to previous versions. I took my PSP back to 1.5 so I could play homebrew on it. There are even some tools that let you switch between firmware versions depending on what you want to do with the device.

yer i know all this....but you can't flash back with 2.8 and over. i was wondering weather all new ones are sold with 2.8..or not.

read all the psp firmware mod n hack info you will ever need at pspupdates.com

if this response has helped please click the star

D

haha begging for rep now. and no it didnt help, its not like i havent done my research on this problem/question. i have bin there and see not much. my freind said it is impossible to downgrade 2.8 and higher. i want to know if this is true (i reckon it is coz he knows wat hes on about), and a way to find out what new psp's from shops (like argos) version of firmware they are sold with.

ok stock PSP in the UK come with either 2.5 2.6 or 2.7 there are no 2.8 stock psp available as sony are not even shipping them. this info came from sony direct.

so .... buy a psp downgrade it or use the gta liberty cities hack to run homebrew or dare i say it backups.

as always if you play a "backup" you really oughta have the original game too.

D

and also .. he is correct a 2.8 does not downgrade without bricking the psp.

there is also a post on the afore mentioned pspupdates that will talk you through knowing the firmware from the serial number on the packaging.

thats it ... thats all my research done.!!

quick look on ebay and you can buy 2.5 or 2.6 version psp's cheaper than argos anyway !

problems solved

thanks alot. but.....i do not trust ebay. and will sony be shipping the 2.8s by christmas. i better buy one now then. also i emailed argos (they said i have to contact sony) and have also emailed comet, currys and game.

but thanks for clearing up this problem.

reps.

there is also a post on the afore mentioned pspupdates that will talk you through knowing the firmware from the serial number on the packaging.

thats it ... thats all my research done.!!

also, to get the serial number on the packaging, dont you have to buy the product first?

in essence yes you would haveto have hold of the box .... however comet, curry and pc world have them on display before you buy.

d

my mate said some of the psps have new motherboards which dont let you play 'backups' and 'homebrew'.

Ebay is a great place to buy all you need to do is keep an eye on the sellers rep.

you guys know that the 3.0 Firmware is out and it looks FANTASTIC.....

I haven't downloaded it to my PSP yet at least not until I notice that the homebrew scene has cracked it!!! YAY! for homebrew scene.

woo

and...has anyone heard of wifi max?

its this thing that lets your psp connect to the internet via a wifi connection from your computer.
iv got one....but bugger knows how to get it to work.

any help please!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back