PSP Firmware

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
Does anyone have any idea what version firmware PSP's (new) in the UK are being sold with. Say from a shop like Argos :nervous:.

Because you cannot play (ahem) backup games on 1.80 and higher. Apparantly.

Thanks.

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
Im not 100% sure, as I dont do this myself, but I think there is program that will flash back to older versions. Then again most games require you update the firmware.

ming

OSNN Advanced
My friend said he put his console up for sale two months back, and he thinks he had v2.5 on his.

ming

OSNN Advanced
Im not 100% sure, as I dont do this myself, but I think there is program that will flash back to older versions. Then again most games require you update the firmware.
From what I've heard, you can't flash it back to prior versions... Never tried or seen it in action as im not interested in psp so cant confirm.

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
You can do it. A friend of mine did it. but i have no idea how :)

although as said many new games require the upgrade

Luna

OSNN Senior Addict
You can flash it back to previous versions. I took my PSP back to 1.5 so I could play homebrew on it. There are even some tools that let you switch between firmware versions depending on what you want to do with the device.

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
yer i know all this....but you can't flash back with 2.8 and over. i was wondering weather all new ones are sold with 2.8..or not.

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
read all the psp firmware mod n hack info you will ever need at pspupdates.com

if this response has helped please click the star

D

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
haha begging for rep now. and no it didnt help, its not like i havent done my research on this problem/question. i have bin there and see not much. my freind said it is impossible to downgrade 2.8 and higher. i want to know if this is true (i reckon it is coz he knows wat hes on about), and a way to find out what new psp's from shops (like argos) version of firmware they are sold with.

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
ok stock PSP in the UK come with either 2.5 2.6 or 2.7 there are no 2.8 stock psp available as sony are not even shipping them. this info came from sony direct.

so .... buy a psp downgrade it or use the gta liberty cities hack to run homebrew or dare i say it backups.

as always if you play a "backup" you really oughta have the original game too.

D

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
and also .. he is correct a 2.8 does not downgrade without bricking the psp.

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
there is also a post on the afore mentioned pspupdates that will talk you through knowing the firmware from the serial number on the packaging.

thats it ... thats all my research done.!!

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
quick look on ebay and you can buy 2.5 or 2.6 version psp's cheaper than argos anyway !

problems solved

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
thanks alot. but.....i do not trust ebay. and will sony be shipping the 2.8s by christmas. i better buy one now then. also i emailed argos (they said i have to contact sony) and have also emailed comet, currys and game.

but thanks for clearing up this problem.

reps.

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
there is also a post on the afore mentioned pspupdates that will talk you through knowing the firmware from the serial number on the packaging.

thats it ... thats all my research done.!!
also, to get the serial number on the packaging, dont you have to buy the product first?

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
in essence yes you would haveto have hold of the box .... however comet, curry and pc world have them on display before you buy.

d

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
my mate said some of the psps have new motherboards which dont let you play 'backups' and 'homebrew'.

synical33

X2 & Lovin' It
you guys know that the 3.0 Firmware is out and it looks FANTASTIC.....

I haven't downloaded it to my PSP yet at least not until I notice that the homebrew scene has cracked it!!! YAY! for homebrew scene.

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
woo

and...has anyone heard of wifi max?

its this thing that lets your psp connect to the internet via a wifi connection from your computer.
iv got one....but bugger knows how to get it to work.

any help please!!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks