PS3 Slim...who's going for it?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Too bad my ps3 kicks ass (original 20gb with a 250gb in... with BC) and gets damn hot! The slimmer one is damn sexy...thoughts?

ps3-slim-comparison-1.jpg

Once I get a job, stable one at that and make some more money. I will for sure be picking this up. I have my 80GB PS3 right now, which I love. I will probably keep it for awhile, but I never upgraded the harddrive. When I get the slim (unless I get the 250GB version) that is the first thing I will do :)

IMHO still not a great looking console (if people actually bought them on looks). :) I guess I only see the -'s w/ no +'s for the PS3 though. :(

would be a nice blu ray player :)

tho.. 299$ prolly will be twice as much in argentina :dead:

Someone should accept trade ins. heh

I actually think that the bigger PS3 is sexier.

I might be getting one... it would be my first PS ever. :p

My original 60 GIG now 500 is still running smooth and great. The slim is great but I love the OG

You know what, yes, once I get some money (a job) I am going to pick this up.

I will sell my current one and pick up a brand new 120GB PS3 SLIM. Can't wait.

I love my ps3, and since it's workin fine. I think I'll wait til I pick up a slim one.

Neat Idea though.

I like mine since it has the BC and Linux support..get hot as hell but its ok!

I think I'll pass. I'm really only looking forward to Diablo III and Mass Effect 2, which are on PC/Mac and Xbox 360.

I think I'll pass on it, I'm still quite happy with the Nintendo Wii! I don't want gaming consoles scattered around my house, haha. I know a couple of my friends are interested in buying it, so when that time comes, I'll just go over to their houses to check it out.

I never used it, wanted too, but didn't understand the point/how too.

The BC is good, i dont want a bunch of systems..the linux is weird, but you can backup blu-ray videos and make MKV files out of them!

I think I'll pass on it, I'm still quite happy with the Nintendo Wii! I don't want gaming consoles scattered around my house, haha. I know a couple of my friends are interested in buying it, so when that time comes, I'll just go over to their houses to check it out.
Anybody know if the wii is planning a price drop anytime soon?

I'd like to get one but can't afford 250 right now.

You know I wasn't even going to consider it until you mentioned the heat. But I really don't have the money to buy another PS3. My fat but beautiful 80GB PS3 will just have to do. Besides, it has backwards compatibility. What else do I need? ;)

Personally, I don't understand the appeal of slimmer, smaller consoles. They're going to sit on your shelf or on your floor. You're not going to be carrying it around with you like a laptop. I'm also not pleased with the design and/or material used. It looks cheap and extremely easy to snap in half. That being said, I already have a PS3 and buying a slimmer version would be a waste of money. The only thing I dislike about my PS3 is how hot it makes my room after an hour or so. That's not a strong enough complaint to get rid of it for another.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back