ps3 or xbox360?

^ Cool. Have you been using any?
Yeah, I use Orb on Vista. It still has a few issues with seeking, but works pretty well for the most part.
Would be nice to see the 360 natively support Xvid/DivX in a future update though. The new Media Extenders do, so I guess it's not completely unlikely.

lots of hate on the ps3 here, its all good. i bought the 60gb at $500, since this would be the "most capable" ps3 version, with backwards capability and what not. plus the good games are finally coming out with warhawk, heavenly sword, and uncharted next month. and of course next year will be crazy.

4knruc3.gif

664vgcp.gif

6f4svw5.gif

4qgegk1.gif

Hi there i'm new on this forum,my name's andrew^^ nice to meet you guys
can anyone tell me which 3rd gen consol i ought to purchase???i know there's a lot of talking about this very conflict but the thing stands thus:i have to choose and i don't want to regret my choice afterwards...so can anyone tell me if ps3 is worth it?..because it's 500$...in spite of being a sony fan that's still a lot of money is it?

First off ...welcome to OSNN ... enjoy your time here.

There are a few games nowadays that are console specific ..but not like it was. I myself "had" an xbox 360, but replaced it with a PS3. I like the way it plays ..and even feels while playing it.

The library of games isn't as vast as the 360 either. Sony is currently working on home (similar to xbox live). There is no monthly charge to play the ps3 online either. At least not yet.

There are several expected "blockbusters" scheduled for release before xmas ... guitar hero 3, UT3, ect ect ...

Anyway ..id hate for you to go purchase either system based on others opinions ... both systems are stellar ... i just prefer the ps3.

i don't have either yet, but i am a little tempted to get a ps3, but i also would like a 360 for forza racing and gears of war... man how to decide?!

Pick the console with the exclusive games you like the most.

If you can't decide it based on that, then:

- Pick the 360 if you love playing online - nobody has got anything on Xbox Live.

- Pick the PS3 if you want a relatively cheap Blu-ray player.

First off ...welcome to OSNN ... enjoy your time here.

There are a few games nowadays that are console specific ..but not like it was. I myself "had" an xbox 360, but replaced it with a PS3. I like the way it plays ..and even feels while playing it.

The library of games isn't as vast as the 360 either. Sony is currently working on home (similar to xbox live). There is no monthly charge to play the ps3 online either. At least not yet.

There are several expected "blockbusters" scheduled for release before xmas ... guitar hero 3, UT3, ect ect ...

Anyway ..id hate for you to go purchase either system based on others opinions ... both systems are stellar ... i just prefer the ps3.

UT3 has been delayed on the PS3, as has the Orange Box and other titles.

As I mentioned previously, both consoles are quite powerful, the PS3 has the blu-ray drive and that is a big plus, but the Xbox is the standard that game developers are working with for new titles (heck, even Carmack is) and is the console that the cross-platform games will appear first on.

Anyways, for playing online with a larger community, nothing wrong with Xbox live and paying about 40 bucks or so for a years worth of gaming :D

Wow is about 20 bucks a month isn't it?

does anyone own a ps3 and if so why should i buy one, strangely enough the new blade runner final cut is coming out in december and i want the a HD version, seeming the 360 doesn't have a drive i was thinking about getting the ps3 and the blueray version.

Whats the multiplayer like on the ps3, what great car and Samurai games are there?

You can always just buy the HD-DVD player by itself, for the Xbox.

I think it would be a waste of money to get the HD-DVD player seeing as Microsoft has said they wouldn't be opposed to eventually selling a Blu-ray player with the 360. HD-DVD is getting its ass kicked by Blu-ray.

I'm still waiting for the damn Elite Holiday Bundle.

The blue ray is ahead because of the PS3 its too early to know what will happen ..truth be known one single dvd in one week has sold more the the entire total of HDDVD's and BR discs since they started .... so really the BR or HD dvd are just in the very first stages ...

The last few months, HD-DVD's are outselling blu-rays. Draw your own conclusions. :cool:

My Xbox 360 just died , it was brand new in January , I called MS and they are sending me a coffin with shipping labels , the red rings of death killed our unit, I hope I dont end up like some people with a unit that breaks after a week or like the guy that is on his 11th console.

My Xbox 360 just died , it was brand new in January , I called MS and they are sending me a coffin with shipping labels , the red rings of death killed our unit, I hope I dont end up like some people with a unit that breaks after a week or like the guy that is on his 11th console.

:cry::cry::speechless:

I may have to send mine in. I got an error with one ring in the bottom fourth spot. I'm dreading doing it but I tihnk I might as well do it soon before Mass Effect gets here because I don't want to not have my 360 when that game is here.

I have been watching this thread before I wanted to post. By all means I will give my personal opinion on the question at hand PS3 or 360. :)

I have been gaming since the days of the 2600. (good lord I feel old) anyway, i have played and owned pretty much all the main gaming systems that have been on this planet. By no means am I claiming to be an expert in gaming, I always based my decisions on any new system on one question. Will the system have Games, Plenty of them. that was usually the selling point, that is what made my decision to buy a SEGA Genesis over the Turbo Graphix 16 during the 16-bit wars. fast-forwarding to PS2 vs XBOX, I decided to go with the PS2 because I felt Sony at the time was serious about gaming because of the success of the Playstation. Nintendo was nowhere to be found and Microsoft was showing potential with the XBOX, The Games were there but I didn't want a MS product.

Now we have the Next-Gen wars, Nintendo comes out of nowhere with the Wii the 360 looks great with HD-DVD support. but Sony had the Blu-ray and the Cell.

Here are my reasons why I decided to go with the 80 gig PS3. I have only about 4 hours total gameplay since I bought it. I have been working like crazy and have not had any free time.:cry:

Easy HD Upgrade to 120gig
Blu-Ray Player
Linux
The Cell
Bluetooth wireless controllers
Folding @Home
Games

its up to you I guess I just Like Sony better.

i'm looking into buying the ps3 as wel, right now there are really no games i want to play on the ps3. but it looks like november will be insane for ps3 releases.

To upgrade the drive, is it just a simple swap, where is the o/s installed on a flash drive or on the HD?

I gave in and bought the Pro Holiday Bundle on Sunday :smoker:

And I am loving the H3 campaign (I'm 4 levels in)... much better than the H1 campaign and the weaker H2 campaign has got nothing on this. :D

Hopefully I'll get my internet connection at home sorted out so I can get on Live soon :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back