ps3 or xbox360?

Gotti

Andrew
Hi there i'm new on this forum,my name's andrew^^ nice to meet you guys
can anyone tell me which 3rd gen consol i ought to purchase???i know there's a lot of talking about this very conflict but the thing stands thus:i have to choose and i don't want to regret my choice afterwards...so can anyone tell me if ps3 is worth it?..because it's 500$...in spite of being a sony fan that's still a lot of money is it?

Sony is gonna release a 40 Gb hard drive for the European market, So they might be releasing it over here as well, you woudl be better off waiting for the 40 GB to be released as it won't be as expensive.

If you need a system right now xbox360.

Sony is gonna release a 40 Gb hard drive for the European market, So they might be releasing it over here as well, you woudl be better off waiting for the 40 GB to be released as it won't be as expensive.

but if he waits for that, won't there then be something else on the horizon to wait for as well?

Well it is Sony...he could be waiting until 2010 for unform specifications for Blu-ray. Kind of a chance you take with anything, up to him really.

Ask those people who bought the iphone if they should have waited 2 months?

There is really one thing to look at when it comes to consoles...games.

Look at the library of games and see which fits your style better. Then choose.

The only bad thing that could happen is you buy one now and when things get less expensive you buy the other or sell the first and buy the second.

You won't be disappointed in either purchase unless you don't see what games fit your style.

I went 360 to start with mainly because of games and the ability to send files from my media center pc and transcode avi files on the fly to watch whatever I want through my 360. (It doesn't work out of the box but there are programs that help this)

At some point (hopefully soon) i'm going to get a ps3. But as of right now I can wait on it. But there are some very good games coming out for it and it has some really good features.

50-50

thanks for the answers....do you actually know wether or not gta4 is going to be playable for both consoles?

Hi there i'm new on this forum,my name's andrew^^ nice to meet you guys
can anyone tell me which 3rd gen consol i ought to purchase???i know there's a lot of talking about this very conflict but the thing stands thus:i have to choose and i don't want to regret my choice afterwards...so can anyone tell me if ps3 is worth it?..because it's 500$...in spite of being a sony fan that's still a lot of money is it?

I spent a LOT of time agonizing over this decision myself.

I ended up purchasing the Xbox for a few reasons. Availability of games. This is the BIGGEST reason. There are simply more games and more come to the console sooner than for the PS3 (which is harder to code for).

It is also a little cheaper and has a lot of decent accesories. Further, I find the new Xbox controller to be a lot easier to use than the ps3 controller (or the ps2 or psONE).

Those are the pro's and included are positive comments about DIRT (which looks and plays GREAT) and Forza 2 which looks as good as the GT5 demo on the PS3.

The other BIG pro is you have rumble and feedback in the controllers and Xbox Live to connect to people is GREAT :D Halo 3 has been a rollicking smash for me. Most fun I've ever had on a console.

---

Here are the cons. There is no blu-ray player built-in, there are no decent wheels available and you cannot just connect a wheel like the G-25 on the Xbox. The PS3 supports regular wheels for a couple of games and likely will do so for GT5. Further, UE3 seems to have support for a keyboard and mouse, which is awesome. Unfortunately for my consideration it is going to be delayed well beyond when I can be playing it on a PC or Xbox.

---

One thing you have to understand is the majority of the cross-platform (xbox/ps3/pc) games being produced are being designed and tested on an xbox. Then they are ported to the PC and then they are ported to the PS3. The STANDARD is the Xbox and you have to keep that in mind when making your purchase. That's what I did.

I would also consider waiting for the ps3 40GB option if you REALLY want to get it, since it is going to be out for about $399.

If you get the Xbox, consider getting the Halo edition since it has the newer processor (smaller/cooler).

Does anyone know when the newer motherboard will be a part of the Premium or Elite SKUs?

As much as I love Halo, I'd prefer a white 360.

You understand than that the Elite is BLACK right?

:cool:

Okay. White or Black.

Ultimately it's choosing between a color I don't like for a more stable console for a version susceptible to the RRoD.

But I'm hoping for a white Elite.

^ Oh okay. I was under the assumption that only the Halo 3 Edition 360s were with the 65nm cpu and the 90nm gpu. Good to hear.

word of warning the 40gb version will have a lot of other componants striped from the console.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/10/08/40gb-ps3-missing-key-components-for-ps2-emulation/

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/05/40gb-ps3-official-for-europe-no-backwards-compatibility-at-a/

Id still get the ps3 over xb360...

Basically, the 60gb version is only 500, it has better gfx, bigger hd, better reliability, blu ray and wi-fi.

For 100 bucks more than the current xb360 premium. its definitely worth it.
Even worth it over the elite.

If you can't justify spending 500, even 400 on a system, you can justify spending 500 on a system and a blu-ray player.

Vanq, there is a very small game library for the ps3. It is annoying. I waited and waited and waited for there to be some compelling reason for me to get one. There simply wasn't a single "OMGZ, I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME" moment.

GT5 will probably be it.

Xbox has both halo AND gears of war. And Forza is pretty damn good too.

Also, the lack of force-feedback on the PS3 is the single daftest move in console history. No matter what anyone says, it is an integral part of playing the game. Sony, shame on you.

Vanq, there is a very small game library for the ps3. It is annoying. I waited and waited and waited for there to be some compelling reason for me to get one. There simply wasn't a single "OMGZ, I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME" moment.

GT5 will probably be it.

Xbox has both halo AND gears of war. And Forza is pretty damn good too.

Also, the lack of force-feedback on the PS3 is the single daftest move in console history. No matter what anyone says, it is an integral part of playing the game. Sony, shame on you.
I'll admit there are some areas where sony could improve.
But i hardly think better games make spending 450 worth it.

Personally Im disgusted with the new Halo games, Halo 2, and 3, were to me horrible.
Shame on microsoft for changing the games around so much, that they share nothing in common with #1.

I do not own an Xbox 360, or a Ps3.

I have played an Xbox 360 more than the ps3, and i have to say I wasn't impressed.
I have played the ps3 for about 2 hours.

And I was impressed, mainly with graphics.

My Brother has the PS3 I have the Xbox360 , even he admits most games that are on both look better on the Xbox360 ... there is a real lack of games for the PS3 and it is killing Sony ...

with the recent price drop you can get a 60gb ps3 and 2 top games for around £350 now, so if i was going to get one id get one now rather than before. BUT, the xbox360 is still cheaper and i find the controls easier to use (although iv used the ps3 style one since ps1). There seems to be more games on the 360. i am considering buying one myself but am still inclined towards the ps3 as i have many ps2 and ps1 games.
i would reccomend the 360 over the ps3 however.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back