PS3 Images on Amazon

exactly what GM said. probably the main reason the one dude from Atari said Sony shot themselves in the foot. what if someone wanted PS3.... but didn't want to use BluRay as their next HD movie format? last i checked, HD DVD players are quite a bit cheaper to buy than BluRay players.

Looking at the graphics on the PS3 compared to the 360.... it basically IS just a cheaper bluray player. i know the 360's been out for a year.... but it doesn't have THAT many games.
You're all over the place.
You criticize the PS3, then the xbox360 by having not to many games?
All in the same paragraph!

Also, i didnt say it is just a 600 dollar hd player.
I am all for the ps3.
If u cant afford the extra 200 dont get it.
Blu-ray is better than HD-DVD, from a quality, and a Capacity stand point.
The choice is there yes, the right choice, is Blu-Ray

from what i've heard BluRay is basically the same format as a DVD just using a different wavelength to store data, and HD DVD actually uses a completely different system.

and the only reason i mentioned the amount of games is due to the fact that had i said PS3 and 360 look the same, the same exact comment that EVERYBODY says would have came up again.... that the 360's already been out for a year, and the PS3 is just released.

Even if i could afford the extra $200 i wouldn't get it. hell... someone could have GIVEN me the $600 for the premium PS3 package and i wouldn't have bought it..... probably not even to sell on eBay. i refuse to buy a console that stresses itself on having the highest of High Definition output making it an excellent game console and movie player.... mostly due to the fact that doing so basically makes it seem like the manufacturer is saying "buy a $2000 TV or suffer low resolutions"

I'm perfectly content with my Wii. i played the demo for Motor Storm on PS3 for a slightly extended amount of time at Best Buy.... and shortly after starting to play Wii Sports i was having a blast.

If you ask me.... in my mind.... PS3 won't be worth it until it drops to at LEAST the price of the 360, or somewhere in that ballpark. but Sony won't do that for quite some time.... mostly due to the fact that there's still the whole format war going on, and players for one format or the other are still over $600. and if BluRay takes a nose dive... well.... i think that'd be the end of the PS3.

I agree with you.
The only reason i would by the ps3 is for the blu-ray player.
But i wouldnt buy an xbox360 at 400 either.
that is a total waste IMO
You are correct about the blu-ray stuff.
but the blu-ray is better quality, and can hold up to 3 times that of an HD-DVD.
I can tell you from personal experience that the Blu-ray is better, I saw both, the same movie, on the same tv, from the two diff players.

eeh. still think sony's hoping and praying BluRay won't tank. otherwise premiums on buying games for PS3 will be through the freakin roof.

They will be fine they will sell millions of PS3's between now and 2010

LOL

Yeah
And Blu-ray will most likely excel as well.
But not for a few years at least.
The only blu-ray sales will be to those with ps3s.

hd dvd's look (in general) a lot better than blu ray... maybe if bd start using vc-1 that would change

and for what i've read at ign... the ps3 online system is slow, hard to navigate and lacking the cool stuff xbox live has (like which friend is online, etc.)
-don't have the link right now, i think it was on the ps3 launch review-

I still beg to differ about the HD-DVD being better than the Blu-Ray in any way, shape, or form.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back