PS2 tp PC

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
Hey All,

I just got a Super Joy Box4 PS2 to PC adapter. I got it off of ebay so I don't know if missing some documentation or what the thing is, but I cannot get it to work. I can see it in the control panel, I can configure my ps2 controller there as well, but when I go to play a game it no workie. I've tried it on the two games I've got installed (Half Life and Nightfire) and I can't even seem to find an option to use a controller instead of keyboard/mouse. Is there something I'm doing wrong in configuring this thing or do some games just not support this device?

try it on an emulator of some kind like SNES or something, that should tell you if its working.

It works on my NES emulator, which is cool. But I really wanted it so I can play Half-Life and other FPS games. Right now in Half-Life I can use my left analog stick to look around ... but I want to use that one to move and the right stick to look around. In Nightfire it won't work at all.

I don't know, k/b and mouse are better for those games IMO.
go to Night fires web site and see if there is anything about it in there support pages or forum.

Originally posted by Krux
I don't know, k/b and mouse are better for those games IMO.

Right you are! I say don't make PS2-to-PC adapters, make keyboard/mouse-to-PS2. :D

Soul, if you haven't already done so, try going into your game's control options and assigning the pad's buttons/sticks to the appropriate functions (move, shoot, etc).

I can get the buttons assigned well enough but the sticks don't seem to respond. I don't know .. only cost $15 so if it fails its no big deal.

pc-based first-person shooters weren't made to use joysticks or alternate controllers. the keyboard/mouse combo is the most efficient and accepted form of controlling the action. so anything else might not work correctly with those types games. you might be largely limited to simulators, racing, and fighting games.

I kinda figured that was the case ... I just like how all of my buttons are right there rather than having to pause and look at my command list to figure out how to do something. I suppose if I played more pc games I'd get used to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back