PS2 to USB, keyboard; possible?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Well I have a freebie crud keyboard and a laptop with USB ports - the keyboard is PS2 only. You always get a USB to PS2 adaptor with stuff (I have lots) but can you do teh same the other way so I could use the PS2 with my USB ports for a laptop keyboard?

(sorry being lazy and not googled or searched forum overly - just busy ATM! :p )

Can I ask where you got it or what it might have come with? (Just guessing on the latter)

not sure actually, might've come with my very old microsoft mouse

Just do a search on ebay for 'USB to PS2 Adapter'

There are loads, about £1.99ish

OK I feel really lazy now that I did not do that searching myself....

one thing though that I do not think I can get from a search - rather than buy the thing outright - is there a known current product I can buy that will include this? Bear in mind I may be in the market for a decent keyboard/mouse combo anyway...

Thanks guys!

i got one that converts both the ps/2 mouse and keyboard to a single usb. Works well enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back