PS2 Problem

creativemisery

OSNN Newbie
Hi, dont know if anyone can help me or not but I have a PS2 System and it plays PS2 games just fine but it wont play PS1 games. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it just a glitch I have to live with?

How old is this PS2 and what PS1 game(s) are you trying to play?

Melon

Have you gone into the browser menu to see if the disk can be loaded from there. If you have, does it say disc read error?

Im not sure how old the system is as it was bought of Ebay. The man *said* its about 2yrs old and it seems to be in good shape. I havent gotten it to play any PS1 games but as said before, the PS2 games play fine.

when you turn on ur ps2. there is a menu that says browser. click it. u will see a blank screen unless you have anything inserted. e.g mem cards or disc.

now insert your disc and wait for it to load. if it comes up with a disc logo press x. if it says disc read error or none at all then the disc must be dodgy or your ps2 needs fixing.

Attachments

• hope help.bmp
    550.3 KB · Views: 261
I havent tried that yet but I will when I get home. My question is what could be wrong w/my PS2 if it should say or do that? Would it be hard or expensive to fix or is it something simple? Sorry for all the questions.

creativemisery said:
Im not sure how old the system is as it was bought of Ebay. The man *said* its about 2yrs old and it seems to be in good shape. I havent gotten it to play any PS1 games but as said before, the PS2 games play fine.

Well, maybe there was a reason it was on eBay in the first place.

Melon

Heres a list of the PS1 games that don't work on PS2. All the rest are supposed to work.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/index.cfm?a=wiki&tag=ps2_faq_compatibility

If the games you are having trouble with are not on the list is there any chance the original owner "mod'd" the play station to beat disk copy protection? That might affect backward compatibility also.

Oops and this too. "A 2005 verison of the PS2 is not a backwards compatioble as the older ones." But yours should be older than this version.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27125

hello i'm a newbie and i have another problem regarding my console. i've tried many forums already to help me with my problem but no one answer back, maybe no one knows how to fix the problem. hope someone from this forum can help me now.

console all working even read disk and play it but the problem is, it's like the picture is pixeletted, can't see the picture in whole only part of it.

please some one help. tx

If it is modded try switching of at mains then switch on at mains. Hold the power buttong down for 3-4 seconds then let go ,this may work for PS1 games and you will need to power off again to play the PS2 games after.

If it is modded try switching of at mains then switch on at mains. Hold the power buttong down for 3-4 seconds then let go ,this may work for PS1 games and you will need to power off again to play the PS2 games after.

tx, i'll try this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back