ps2 harddrive questions

Taurus

hardware monkey
i assume it's okay to post a playstation 2 question here. otherwise, let me know.

well i just got the network adapter for mine and notice the standard ide and power connectors on it for a harddrive. now i notice there isn't much use for having a hd yet, but i have an extra hd or 2 and want to experiment. but before i do i want to know what kind of partition and file format i should establish on it first. and i have a feeling i'll need some kind of files/software on it to get the ps2 to recognize it? oh, and should it be set to master? cable select?

thanks.

Theres a thread on ps2newz.net covering this and if I new the link I would post it :)

At the moment if you attached a HD it wouldn't do anthing unless you have a game that supports it, such a japanese version of one of the FF series (can't remember which one, probably the latest). If you got such a game it formats the disk itself so you don't have to worry about that. Oh, and another thing, thanks to Sony's magic gate technology, only a sony HD will work with it unless your planning a little homebrew fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back