PS2 and XBOX

• Thread starter Parental Adviso
  • Start date
There is no way MS is losing $300 on each console!! think about it this way. if they were losing 5 dollars on each X-Box by the time they sold, 6 million consoles, they'd of lost $30 Million. you think that the accountants would allow that?? no matter how much they make from the games and such.

Originally posted by catch23
Why do you think they develop games? Why do you think they sell that overpriced DVD addon for $40?...they make a LOT of money on those...Stop using logic..$30 million is NOT that much to Microsoft...because if they do sell 6 million consoles...that's AT LEAST 6 million games they'll sell.

Please don't flame me for this but:

did you just say "...Stop using logic..." a in your defensive argument????
Just kidding though, you very well might be right. There are always exceptions to the general rule.

Ater all
1) HP printers cost a lot more than $49.99 to build. And you can't convince me that cartridges cost $29.99 to manufacture.
2) Gilette replacement cartridges do NOT cost $5 to make 5.
3) Britney Spears is a virgin....c'mone.....

:cool:

Well, to settle this for once and for all..... I did some research...consider this:

1. Microsoft currently has $40 Billion in CASH alone in the bank...
2. Revenues for Microsoft increased by $2.34 billion to $25.3 billion in 2001...
3. Most of Microsoft's money comes from selling Windows and not games...
4.If it costs Microsoft $350 to make a console... and if it currently sells for $200, than they are losing $150 per console... which mean if they sell 1 million consoles, then they lose $150 Million dollars....
5.But, if they sell a game($80) and an extra controller($50)per console to, then they make $130 Million dollars... so in the end they just lose 20 million... and most gamers buy more than one game when they buy a new console... trust me.. ;)
6.PLUS, Microsft sold about 3 games per console during it's launch...

So to sum it up, EVEN though Microsoft is losing about $150 per console, they are also making most of that loss up with selling games, controller, DVD add-ons, etc..

Considering ALL that, who wouldnt believe that Microsoft will be willing to sell their XBOX at $200...

:)

o_87

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back