Ps/2 Mouse Not Working

K

KWK

please help, I just update a new bios on my intel 845pesv) mother board. but I have problem with my logitech ps/2 mouse port. the mouse not working at all.

my computer configuration:
windows xp pro
ddr 768m pc333
nvidia ti4400 video card
maxtor 30g
sound blaster audigy
itel p4-2.53 cpu fsb 533mhz
logitech cordless MOUSEMAN

did u try reset the bios to default settings? or clear the cmos?

do you have a usb keyboard?
sometimes the newer Intel usb chipsets with windows (xp at least, 2000 also sometimes), if they detect a usb keyboard (as the keyboard is the first peripheral detected) ive found that it turns off the PS/2 ports so there isn't ports loaded and drivers added that aren't needed. personally i don't use the PS/2 ports at all anymore as usb is much more efficient and the usb hid(human interface device) driver works better as you can plug in or remove as many mice and keyboards as you like and they all work. even remove them all together with no issues.
so the PS/2 unloading i find a plus.
found on one friends computer that when i plugged in a new office keyboard i got them it unloaded the PS/2 mouse they were still trying to use.... back to a keyboard on PS/2 slot or switching to a usb mouse there was no problem. :p

Thanks Bretenn , spikemic,but when I go in the Bios and it was freeze and I can't do anything,any idea ?

it happen to me once... cant do anything in the bios but once reboot, the problem gone....

kwk, did u update the correct bios?? i recommend restore back to ur previous bios... and see if the problem still occur or not!

I try to reboot so many times but still the same,now I had to go back to my previous Bios and everything back to normal. Thanks again Bretenn.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back