"provided by" in IE

N

npfanz

Does anyone know how to change (or get rid of altogether) the "provided by ..." that is listed after "Microsoft Internet Explorer" at the top of the IE window? My cable modem provider recently switched networks and a configuration program they gave me put their name in that bar at the top of IE (so now the bar lists the page I'm at followed by Microsoft Internet Explorer Provided by InsightBB.com). Normally I wouldn't care but the name is there even if I dial up. Also their service is absolute crap and I don't want to have to look at their name every time I'm online just because they are the only provider that services my home. I had a dialup account a few years ago that did this also and I never got rid of it until I reinstalled windows.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

just look up provided by in regedit. you'll find the key in a minute, then you can just blank it, or change it. thats all I did :p

THANK YOU. Much better, and I don't feel like I'm giving this shoddy company any credit (nor do I pay my bills as I call and complain daily until I get a free month).

Thanks

I was going to ask the same thing. Thanx! But I still have a question concering this issue. When my cable company took over my IE I could no longer do a search just by typing in the address bar. How can I fix this? I've since started usinga 'real' seach engine but I would still like my IE back to the way it was.

Using Registry:
Change Title
01. Goto Start ::> Run ::> Type "regedit"
02. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main.
03. In right hand panel look for string "Window Title" and change its value to whatever custom text you want to see.

Using gpedit (WinXP PRo ONLY)
Change Title/throbber/add icons/bitmap/etc..
01. Goto Start ::> Run ::> Type "gpedit.msc"
02. Select User Configuration ::> Windows Settings ::> Internet Explorer Maintnace ::> Browser User Interface
03. On your right you should see three componenets
a. Broswer Title
b. Custom Logo
c. Browser Toolbar customizations.
04. Select whichever component you wish to change

I cant find "Microsoft Internet Explorer" in registry in winXP
:confused: :confused:

never mind, got it
:eek:

why don't you just use Opera instead of Iexplorer?? it can't be easier to search... just type "g yoursearchwords" in the adress field, and the google page will show the results. you can use other letters than "g" to search on other sites. ("a"= altavista - y=yahoo and so on.)

or you can just change it in gpedit.msc under userconfig, windows settings, internet explorer maintenance then look from there, i'm sure you'll find it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back