promise ultra133 tx2 ide controller problem??

G

garanzia

i use promise ultra133 tx2 controller card. the problem is when
detecting the drive it display :-

D0 - sony dvd 16x UDMA2
D1 - not detected
D2 - not detected
D3 - not detected

Ulta133 Tx2 Bios not installed bacause is no drives attached.

what it mean by no drive attached. anyone know how to solve this problem

i have :

40gb hdd - set to primary master on board
52X cd-rom - set to secondary master on board
cdrw - set to set to secondary slave on board
dvd - set to primary master to the controller card

do i need to set slave for the dvd jumper??

Looks like it's working fine... picking up what you have attached to it. Does windows see it ok?

windows seem ok . i can use my dvd to play movie and its working just fine. so anybody can solve this problem?

This is from the Promise web site

Question: What does it mean when I boot the system and the Ultra100 says, ´´BIOS Not Installed´´?
Answer: Cause: No Hard Drives attached to Ultra100.

Solution: The Ultra100 is fully PnP. This means all the resources that it uses are GIVEN to it by the PnP BIOS on the motherboard. The Ultra100 does support IRQ sharing, but this will not work unless ALL the concerned devices support IRQ sharing. If your motherboard allows you to control the assignment of these resources, you may be able to remedy the problem by ´´playing around´´ with them. You can also try resetting the configuration data in the CMOS. This is usually an option in the PnP section of the CMOS. The only available settings for this option will be ´´Enabled´´ and ´´Disabled´´. Set it to ´´Enabled´´, save and exit, and reboot. Otherwise, the only way you might be able to affect these assignments is to switch the PCI slot that the card is in.

Although it refers to the utra 100 card it also applies to the ultra 133 as well cos it's basicly the same card

from the info you post . this mean i need to change my controller
to different pci slot only . and by the way is my controller card is working fine. no need to return to the store and get new one ???

no there is no need to return it, if you don't understand the Q&A I got from their web site I would suggest that you send Promise tech support an e-mail. I am not an expert and would not like to give you bad advice, but the board sounds fine

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back