• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Projector and notebood

Clock1997

OSNN One Post Wonder
Dear all

I used a notebook and projector to deliver training. It works well with powerpoint presentation. However, when I use Window Media to show video clips, the projector show a blank screen. (while the notebook can show the video)

What should I do? Pls. help! Urgent! Many thanks

Clock
I can be reached at alvinliu@ctimail.com

Are you using the tv-out of the notebook to connect to the beamer? If so, then it might be an overlay setting, but I am not sure how to set it. Can't you just use the monitor-out on the laptop?

Clock1997

OSNN One Post Wonder
Dear Glaanieboy

Thanks for your reply. I used monitor-out already. The projector work well with my friend's notebook (window 98). My notebook uses window XP.

Clock

Hmm, I have connected a lot of notebooks with the monitor-out function to beamers/projectors already, but I haven't seen this problem yet. I can't remember setting any settings, just a default install.

cpugeniusmv

Computer Genius
i think you can get around that by disabling Video Acceleration in WMP (Tools->Options->Performance Tab->Move the slider all the way to the left)

But usually I just set it so that the video is showing only on the projector, and not on the laptop's LCD...that works too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies