Project Stacker

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all
I have finally ordered myself (yesterday) a brand new case being the coolermaster stacker.

I will be using this thread to cover the modding of my existing parts to fit in with the case, and also to provide information on what should be hopefully a great case.
My first jobs will be to paint my Pioneer DVD drive face and the floppy drive (also changing the LED in the floppy drive to a more pleasing blue colour)
I hope this thread will provide an informative, and interesting read to all OSNN members! :)

Be nice to see a pic when done - that is a cool case, and good to hear you are happy with changing fascia colours (it is definitely worth the effort - I just built into my nexus breeze case and was very happy my new opticals and floppy all came with matt black fronts to match!)

Sounds great, I'm interested to see how good the Stacker is. :)

I'll be posting my own mod project (more like a complete build) whenever that's ready. Probably not until christmas though.

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys!
I plan this to be more of complete system build guide but we shall see what happens :)
So far I have sourced some satin black paint for my floppy and dvd-rom drive, have cheated and bought a new facia for my liteon dvd-writer it was only £2.50 !
Hopefully my case should arrive today…..

Woot! yay yay Its arrived just need to pick it up tonight on my way home from work :)

DAMN! Should be called Project SLACKER! I am waiting now till I replace my fan controller just dont like plus a blue has blown already! still here s a piccy at it current state :)

Attachments

• Untitled-1 (Custom).jpg
    Untitled-1 (Custom).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 94
Looks very nice, I'm a fan of those CM stacker cases- the interior alone makes it worthy purchase. Interested to see what you do with it :D

Just curious, what fan controller are you looking to purchase?

onimkron said:
Looks very nice, I'm a fan of those CM stacker cases- the interior alone makes it worthy purchase. Interested to see what you do with it :D

Just curious, what fan controller are you looking to purchase?

can you not see the glowing neons of the Nexus he already has in there?!! I should know - I got the same except in silver (think I got mine about a week before he did)

[EDIT] reread - see he is replacing.... I too am interested in what you will change for - going down the RMA road or writing the loss off? I was happy enough with mine although the neons ARE a bit bright![/EDIT]

Mainframeguy said:
[EDIT] reread - see he is replacing.... I too am interested in what you will change for - going down the RMA road or writing the loss off? I was happy enough with mine although the neons ARE a bit bright![/EDIT]

I have a smaller nexus fan controller on a 3.5 bay, and I have to admit, it does look pretty 'bright'- I never really noticed it before, because the comp is not on eye level. Looks pretty nice in the dark though :)

But yeah, I was wondering what he'll replace it with; maybe a black akasa?

Its not a nexus its some cheap controller I got from a shop near me, it has three LEDS per fan controller and each of these change colour as you change the speed blue -> green -> red. Firstly the knobs are plastic so they look nasty plus maybe I being picky but it just looks cheap. At the moment I am thinking of going with either the Zalman one functionality over looks or not bothering as I intend to get a matrix orbital LCD display which has a built in fan controller anyway :)

Those toggle switches on the far right look pretty cool :)

fairly retro and useful if i decided to get the gimmicy side window and lighting as I can easily switch it all off :) also just found it for £10 as a B-Grade or £15 new which is great value! :) Has anyone had B-grade before?

Damn nice case and if mine wasn't so damn perfect, I would have to get one.
Or one of the new Coolermaster cases, but it has built incase, flash is blocked here at work so difficult for me to tell..

Stacker is damn nice tho :D

Aww now I' really am just gonna have to buy one once I get organized with moving housr again...

Wait till you have moved its seriously large and heavy! They give you wheels for it for a damn good reason :D

Well I have ordered myself a ZALMAN fan controller thought it was a good deal @ £15 also accedently ordered myself a set of VGA ram heatsinks :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back