Project IGI

S

ssmike12

hi... recently got Project IGI...
i have a few problems with the game and hoping u guys out there can help!

when i play, there is no crosshair and in the menu there is no mouse cursor.

i am running Windows XP Professional
with:
AMD XP 2 GHz
60 GB HD
DVD 16x
Burner 40/24/10
SB Live!
64 MB GeForce 2 mx400
512 DDR ram

Please help.
Do these errors occur if running under windows 98?

thanks... please email me at: ssmike12@hotmail.com

I seem to remember having problem with the gun dissapearing and various other graphical flaws, but they were all related to the drivers i was using (i think?). Make sure youve got the latest Detanators from www.nvidia.com (a default answer if ever there was one).

Other than that im not sure....

thanks for the reply...
yeah, i actaully do have the lastest detonators. but still the problem lies, it's a real bummer. Does this occur in windows 98 as well?

Hey ssmike12
Good luck, there are many many baus in IGI that they have chosen not to fix. I think its cause they cant, and are trying to promote and concentrate on IGI 2 instead. Its a realy pitty cause if they did all the bug-fixes, IGI would have been phenomanal.

But if you get the above working, I hope you dont mind killing the same guards over and over, there are nasty re-spawn issues acctivated by triggers.

cheers mate, thanks a lot for your input, i really do appreciate it.

pls help if there is any 1 else who might be able 2.
cheers.,

actually, WINXP is the problem here, cursors kept disappearing in games, so i had to keep minimizing the screen then restoring it, the problems eventually went awau when i installed the 30.31's (i think).

try OLDER drivers, remember the game was made a while ago so older drivers were used during its development!

oh ok, thanks, will try that... so if i install it on win 98 the problem should not pop up..

pretty much!! there should be no problems with 98!

however, changing back to older drivers helped me on XP!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back