Programs under XP not working

B

Berlinboy

Dear All
Programmes that had once worked on XP don't react anymore and i get the message ..

So and so(program) ....is not an allowed 32 bit Application(Translated from German) and this tends to happen very often .
Any help if any of this makes sense.!!??

Berlinboy:confused:

ok, need a bit more information here...did u install anything right before this happened?any hardware changes?

Only thing I know of that has 32 with it is to do with colour.
Right click the desktop, go to properties/settings then change it to 16. If it does not work just change it back.

This has nothing to do with colors. This sounds like something is really broken. Unless there is a program somewhere that causes this you probably have a broken file system. Try opening the exe file in an editor or viewer that can read binary files. If the file starts with MZ it should be ok. If it doesn't it's broken. In that case System Restore or reinstallation is heavily recommended. You harddisk may be on the brink of dying too.

Dear Andy
thks for replying

No new hardware was installed although i kept on getting the above problem and had to re-install alot of software again.
Hope this helps??!!

ok, when u reinstall the programs, do they work then?
if they do then it's all good, but if not i would do what Zedric suggested..take a system restore...

When i re-install the programs they work sometimes and those that do work stop after 3-4 weeks.

And how would i do a System resourse?

right-click my computer-properties. there u have a tab called system restore.
also u can reach it via the control panel-maintenance\performance:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back