Program Updates Help

• Thread starter pepsihabbit
  • Start date
P

pepsihabbit

There used to be a service on Cnet called catchup that would scan your computer and find updates to the software on your computer. They stopped that service. Is there any other internet service or program I can buy that will do the same thing?

Thanks

Well I'm at work....

http://www.tech24.com/softwareupdates.asp

This link takes you to a page where you can download CNet Catchup and then scan for your updates. I was able to d/l the file, but I got an error when installing because I do not have full admin rights on this system, so I was unable to see if the scan actually works.....hope this helps and thank Google.

;)

CNET Catch-up is not in service

Good try Jahya,

But as you saw on the original post the service has been discontinued. You cna load catch-up but the service is dead and you can't automatically scan all of your programs any longer.

I used this all the time and would be interested if any other members know of alternatives.

CNET Catch-up is not in service

Good try Jahya,

But as you saw on the original post the service has been discontinued. You cna load catch-up but the service is dead and you can't automatically scan all of your programs any longer.

I used this all the time and would be interested if any other members know of alternatives.

Well, I gave it the ol college try anyway....Since I wasn't able to verify it here at work, I thought maybe since it was on tech24.com it may just work....I was wrong. But this is nothing new. Maybe I can find out something else in the next 7 minutes before I call it quits for the day.:eek:

Hey all wassup, I've been "Out of Whack" for the last fewdays...

Anyhow that sort of program is not all that hard to comeby M.S.I has a Prog called InfoView and they have another called :Live Update though they are predominately for their own product nearly all chipset sites have their own version. Personally though i suggest doing it by hand one at a time both for experience and in case you have any problems
Jelliot:)

Well I tend to agree with jelliot last line but that said I think I found a program that fits what your looking for.

check this out

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back