Program to control computer via network

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hello everyone, A few days ago (before I formatted my laptop) i downloaded this free program, it let you get any infomation you wanted on a computer on your LAN, and even let you shut down applications. anyone have any idea what it's called?

reply ASAP

thanks,

lieb39

was it like a remote desktop thing or not really

nah.. it was just infomation on it (real good specs, memory, cpu, etc.) and than had another tab which displayed the running processes..., and you could end them. it would really do wonders for my network right now (major problems)

-lieb39

Nah, it worked on 98 machines too. You basically had to enter the computer name into the box, than it would get the computer infomation after a minute or so. It would display various infomation, such as RAM, CPU, HDD infomation and such. It had another tab to see all the running processes and than you could end them. I believe it was free.

-lieb39

I'm usin' a lot Remote Desktop ( Assistance ) at home between my 2 pc's .. it's nice but using only on 24bit colour ;)

I honestly don't know what to do... all I remember is some guy saying something along the lines of "wow, I never knew that much infomation could be taken [the cpu infomation, ram, etc.]

:(

-lieb39

Thats what I thought at first JJB, but he says it displays ram usage, cpu etc which VNC doesnt.

Dameware NT utlilities?

http://www.dameware.com/

"Why should you choose to integrate DameWare NT Utilities into your Corporate IT Strategy?

Multiple domain administration in one centralized view.
Manage Windows NT, 2000, XP machines with one interface.
No configuration needed, just install and go.
No roll out of client needed, it installs it's client agents on the fly!
Any administrator can install or remove client software remotely in seconds.
Built on Windows standard API technology. No messing up your servers and clients here. "

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Sorry...Guess I spoke too soon - I was obviously missing something :)
The search continues...:(

Will it ever be found? I think no. It's a real shame really too...

-lieb39

nope, it was just one download.

:( we are never going to find it...

-lieb39

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back