Program installation problem

M

mddunlop

I'm getting this annoying message when installing certain programs, this obviously prevents the install from completing.

'16 bit Windows Subsystem: %userprofile%\LocalS~1\Temp\ A temporary file needed for initialization could not be created or written to etc. etc.'

I have tried to 'Run as administrator' to see if that worked (I have administration rights under my own login as well) but couldn't get pass the password (which I didn't set when I installed XP Pro), strange. I tried pressing Enter and got a dialogue box saying 'Unable to logon:
Logon failure:user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, restricted hours blah, blah, blah!'

Anyone able to offer a solution to this frustrating problem please? Explained in simple language would be appreciated. I'm not as advanced as some. DOH!

Thanks for taking a look!

~M

if your running XPhome, you can't log in as admin without going into safe mode. so try that. go into safe mode, log in as admin. if you havn't set a password then you shouldn't need one, i didn't and don't. then try to install it from there

Install problems - thanks

Thanks for the swift response.
It was a corrupted install. Re-installed XP from an image and we're away!

Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back