Program Folders - Gone !!!

P

percyv143

my program folder is gone. when i tried to open my program folder from start-all program-my folder- ***... it's suppose to be when i get to my folder it should contain most of my favorite program folders but only 1 show and the rest is gone. how can set it back? i got tons of program folder deleted...
pls help....

Can you run these program or are they complety gone (they might be hidden)

I used a program called File Scavenger to get my files back when I formatted and I forgot to get some files. Google it...

Good luck!

lieb39

Check these four registry keys. One of the entries may point to the wrong folder.
If you find an entry that isn't right doubleclick the value and change it.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer\ Shell Folders
Common Programs ............. C:\ Documents and Settings\ All Users\ Start Menu\ Programs

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer\ User Shell Folders
Common Programs ........... %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\ Start Menu\ Programs

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer\ Shell Folders
Programs .................. C:\ Documents and Settings\ username\ Start Menu\ Programs

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer\ User Shell Folders
Programs .......... %USERPROFILE%\ Start Menu\ Programs

(Assuming that Windows is installed on C:\ )

Before making any changes rightclick the key (folder) and choose export to back it up.

PROGRAM FILES - GONE !

the programs are still there it's just that all the shortcut folder and icons are gone..
thanks.

Are there still shortcuts in

C:\ Documents and Settings\ All Users\ Start Menu\ Programs
and/or
C:\ Documents and Settings\ your username\ Start Menu\ Programs

there were. i did restore to a previous point and the folder came back BUT all the shortcut icons it each folder is GONE, it's as good as nothing...
what else could i do?
thanks for you assistance.

So inside these folders I mentioned above are also empty program folders, or are there application icons? If so in which one?

As a last resort you can go through your program files directory and manually create shortcuts, to fill up these empty folders in start menu.

PROGRAM FOLDERS -GONE

only folder are there. no icons. so i guess the last resort is to create the shortcut icons manually.
thanks for your help. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back