Program CPU usage ?

R

Rooster

How can I alter the priority of a program ?? I have an old 16bit
prog that uses the CPU 100% ... can I change this ?
(and no, there isnt a newer version !!!)

Thanks
Rooster

Whats the program?

To change priority, go to the task manager > Process Tab > right-click on the process you want to change, and point to "Set Priority", then make the change.

Is it causing mulitasking problems with other programs?

All the options in "task manager" are greyed out !!! And I presume this only applies for this instance of running ?? Would like to reduce its overhead permanantly !

When miltitasking everything else runs very stuttery and sluggish, hence the need for a fix !

Thanks
Rooster

:confused: :confused:

All the options in Task Manager are greyed out?

If were talking about the same thing, I've never heard of this before.

Is there a possibility you could attach a screenshot of your task manager so I could take a look at it? This doesnt sound right...

Heres a pic of task manager ... you can see that when I select priority the high/low bit is greyed !
Have noticed that the prog in question is "inset" a little, does this tell us anything ? 16bit maybe ?

Rooster

Has anyone out there ever seen this before? I sure havent...

hehe, that's a new one, i've never encountered...

What's the program? And Have you tried running it in compatabilty mode?...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back