Product Review - Epson Stylus C86 Printer

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Information here http://www.epson.co.uk/products/inkjet_printers/Stylus_C86.htm

(sorry for the UK site, but the US site is totally down for me)

The EPSON Stylus C86 is a no-compromise solution to home and small business printing. It brings class leading resolution to documents, graphics and photos, with the added quality and efficiency of EPSON DURABrite™ inks and individual ink cartridges.

The EPSON Stylus C86 combines excellent text, graphics and photo printing with ease of use and cost-efficiency. It offers home and business users class-leading resolution, longer-lasting EPSON DURABrite inks and versatile, cost-saving individual ink cartridges.

spacer.gif

Key Features

• EPSON DURABrite™ inks - bright, durable results
  • Enhanced quality with EPSON Variable Sized Droplet Technology and invisible 4 picolitre EPSON Micro Dot
  • Easy to set up and use, reliable performance
  • USB and Parallel connection for PC and Mac users
  • EPSON Web-to-page software for web printing
  • Optional high capacity ink cartridges available
  • Stylish silver design
This is epson's high end printer for general use, but I find it a very capable photo printer as well and is the same as the photo edition just without the 6 in 1 card reader. I paid $77 for it at Office Depot (about $10 more than what is available online, but I get instant gratification :D ).

The printer is pretty quiet even when printing high resolution photos and does a very good job at getting near photo quality on plain paper. (I haven't yet tried to do a high res photo on photo paper yet.)

The 2 big things that I like about this printer is that it uses USB 2.0 or Parallel cable (not included), and it has individual ink tanks (black, red, yellow, blue). The ink cartridges are not that expensive (black is $33 for the high capactity for 800-1100 pages, and the individual colors at $12 ea).

The software that comes with the printer looks pretty good, I choose not to install it as I have other photo tools but it looks decent for those without photoshop or other photo editing tools.

Overall I give it 4/5 stars.

Attachments

• Stylus_C86_401_374.jpg
    Stylus_C86_401_374.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 86
Yer it's a nice printer, my dad has the c64 version i think. Nice review.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back