Product ID Key XP Pro

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
Where in either the Registry or in a folder will I find the Product ID Key for XP Pro?

Open The System Control Panel. You will see:

Registered To:
<Your Name>
<Your Orginization>
<Product ID>

JJB6486

Thanks JJB6486 but that's not the XP product ID Key. I'm not sure what that number relates to.

are you talking about the cd key? or the product id?
cuz that is the product

here you go: keep in mind..there is a product id which is text...and there is also binary: both can be found here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

that is for Win XP..

there is also a reg section that is here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

this is just for windows.. you'll only find a text PRod ID code there..not binary..

good luck!!

~n:D

Sorry i think I caused some confusion. I mean the Product Key that you use when you install the program. Not the Product ID which I accept is the one showing in Control Panel

that's a cd-key... and i only know it to exist with that folder thingie the xp cd came in.

just search for the thread involving product activation and such it was listed in there where the value is stored.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back