processor voltage

S

sconn

i was jus looking through this overclocking website and i see that most people normally increase their processor voltage and some of them are able to overclock for eg. athlon 1.4ghz to a 1.7ghz. thats amazing. is the main reason it is possible because of the increased voltage to 1.85 volts?

does it have any side effects on the processor? will it dissipate alot more heat? any effects to the PSU since it is requiring more power?

one side effect is you will get more heat so your goin to need a bigger fan to disipate heat well and im not sure how high you can get a athlon 1.4 you'd have to read up sum more on that one

to answer your question, the increased voltage alone will create more heat. of course, so will a faster clock.

I had a long post here but to make it short... Vcore is only neccessary to make the CPU stable at higher speeds... If it's already stable then there's no point adding more Vcore...

Running Prime95 torture test will show any errors...

Vcore of an Athlon can be changed to 2.3v without killing the CPU right away... I don't know anyone running more thatn this... Without proper cooling it will damage the cpu... But then again OC itself shortens the CPUs lifspan...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back