Processor Upgrade Question.

Just FYI dell use only intel chipsets in their machines - they just have foxxcon make the board layouts different to fit the custom cases they have foxxcon make :)

BTW if anyone of you happen to work for Dell, or know the bozo's in the case design department - tell them to take the rounded external edges off of the SC430's makes them damned hard to carry around a datacentre....

Son Goku said:
:D Well matt, if it isn't in stock, there's not much he can do....

I know that. I like picking on him just as much as he does me.

LordOfLA said:
Just FYI dell use only intel chipsets in their machines - they just have foxxcon make the board layouts different to fit the custom cases they have foxxcon make :)

BTW if anyone of you happen to work for Dell, or know the bozo's in the case design department - tell them to take the rounded external edges off of the SC430's makes them damned hard to carry around a datacentre....

Dell uses an nvidia chipset in its xps 600 :cool:

Wrt cases, the design team does their job and the cases share features across all platforms. The edges are designed for aesthetics. If you are going to be carrying cases around, I suggest your data center invest in trolleys or trays. You can also forward your suggestions directly to dell through your company rep if you wish, they will also be able to forward the request to design/manufacturing.

nvidia whored out alot of onborad chips to be made by ATI as they didn't have the mfg capability.

?

Nvidia doesn't manufacture anything. They don't have a fab.

Last I heard, nVidia is using TSMC to do their manufacturing, as was 3dfx before it went under, and as are a number of companies... If nVidia or many were to have a mfg shortage problem, it would be more to do with their process being run at Taiwan semiconductor...

In the past, and as I remember it, many fabrication facilities, including both TSMC and even Intel were having some issues when first moving to .13 manufacturing process, if this is what you mean. Didn't ATI delay the switch in the given product gen where nVidia made it for their gfx chips? I'd have to look it up again...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back