Processor Info Please...

zandyrei

TinySoft
guys, id like ot ask some opinion with regards to the infos on the following Processors..

• Intel Celeron 2.66Ghz LGA775
  • Intel P4 2.66Ghz LGA775
  • AMD Sempron 2600 -S754
can you make a comparison... im planning to buy one of those..
my bases are the cheaper and the most durable... the cheap one is the Celeron, next is the Sempron, then the last is the P4....

Thanks

well..... dunno bout other people's views.... but i'd have to say steer FAR away from Celeron. seems like they basically took old tech and upped the clock speed on it. right now i'm kinda leaning towards the P4.

what are you planing on using it for?

ElementalDragon said:
what are you planing on using it for?

This is the most important question that can be asked. If the machine is for BASIC uses (web browsing, office applications) the Sempron and the Celeron will be fine. However, if it is going to be used for anything advanced (gaming, photo/video editing) definately go with the P4. I know from posts that you have made in the past that you want to have a gaming machine, so I would definitely suggest the P4 for gaming.

internet cafe purposes.. maybe for browsing as well as gaming...

what im concern is the heat factor... maybe one of them can easily heat-up then burst in to bubbles....

P4 though is very expensive...hehehehe

Last edited:
With proper cooling, any of those is fine. Most motherboards come with proper safeguards that will turn the computer off before it gets to that nasty threashhold. (Just don't ask kcnychief, he had a bad experience)

I would go with the Sempron, but that is mostly because I am overall, partial to AMD. No matter what line you go, AMD's tend to be cheaper than P4's and you tend to get a better performance from them as well.

good thing i have some words to push me to what I really like... ADM!!!!!

now ill just buy some heat pipe or something, or fans to keep ventilations cool

Never ever buy a Celeron, they are the worst processors ever made. You can notice its overall ****tyness even in the most mundane tasks.

j79zlr said:
Never ever buy a Celeron, they are the worst processors ever made. You can notice its overall ****tyness even in the most mundane tasks.
That's not necessarily true, it does idle quite well :p

kcnychief said:
That's not necessarily true, it does idle quite well :p

hehehhe like my mothers PC, the 1.6 celery, 256 DDR....hehehehe

so i will buy these specs...

AMD Sempron 2600 -S754
Gigabyte K851GMF w/SC, VGA, LAN, and PCI-Ex

Well, I think what the next best question would have been What's your price range?

zandyrei said:
internet cafe purposes.. maybe for browsing as well as gaming...

what im concern is the heat factor... maybe one of them can easily heat-up then burst in to bubbles....

You really need to decide - are you or are you not gaming? The difference is crucial - so decide.

Forget about anything bursting into bubbles - modern chips have thermal protection and unless you are planning on overclocking this will preserve the CPU, just mean you suffer downtime until your resolve the thermal issues.

Lastly - I'd be concerned at your 754 socket set selection - you'd have slightly better future proofing I think if you could stretch to the 939, especially since you appear to be turning into an AMD fanboy from another posting (strange and possibly uninformed if you are primarily concerned with heat issues). Overall you need to consider your desire for upgrade and the way the market is now - there are new socket sets right around the corner, dual core has become affordable making some 64 bit chips a bargain - oyu need to look at the other components overall (because balance matters in a build)..... sorry if this comes across as critical, but trying to help you see it is seldom a binary choice here....

939 socket is one of my option..but im living in a third world country, so a 754 socket is the best our dealers can offer "for now" heheheh...

Where do you live? The Phillipines?

Brad said:
Where do you live? The Phillipines?
shhhhhhhhhhh..........

hehehe yep you got it right....

philippines is a third world country.. divided into 3 regions, and i belong to the poorest region... the first 2 regions i know have those 939, but in our region is kinda stoneage so a 754 is the best the dealers have... and 939 are very expensive though....

Is it something to be ashamed of? Do you have any friends in other locations such as the States or Europe or something? might be cheaper to get it done that way.

hehhe considering the present situation on our country, we are ranked 3rd in the most corrupt country in asia...

yep.. i have relatives in Canada, but they are not interested in PC's.. they are oldies... they dont know what a Dual DVD Writer is...

AMD Sempron 2600 S-754 and a Gigabyte K8n51GMF together costs around 7,800 pesos.. convert to US dollars= 147.78 dollars...

That's not too much more than here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back